Saturday, October 3, 2009

9.28.09

I went to bed at six-thirty last night. It was so good. I woke up at 1:00 am wide awake, thinking about what to do next.
So, my goal this week was to turn orange, or yellow, rather. I decided that for five days I was going to eat carrots, oranges, orange juice, and sweet potatoes, just to see how yellow my skin would turn. A friend thought it also a great idea, and we set out to embark on a beautiful journey together. After two days of being hungry non-stop, I decided it wasn't so beautiful after all.
I learned something about myself this week that I already kinda knew, but wasn't so overly aware of: I lack self-discipline. I'm not very good at completing things I don't like doing.

4 comments:

TaraB said...

You should talk to Emily about this, she and Alex embarked on this same adventure, their results were much like your own.

I'm not disciplined either Tyler. In fact, I shouldn't even be on here, I've got a paper to write.

Nicholas said...

i think it could work if you didn't eat those things exclusively. Just make sure anything else you eat doesn't have too much color in it.

Doro said...

I turned yellow once, without wanting to. I was really sick once and didn`t like to eat and drink something except of carrotjuice and water. So this worked out pretty well....the results were obvious after two days.

Emily Star said...

tara is right tyler. i made it five days. only carrots. I wasn't hungry really that often though because I ate SOOOO many carrots. Carrot soup, fried carrots, plain carrots, carrot salad, carrots with salt, carrots, carrots, carrots. It was rough. Alex stopped on day like....2 and didn't tell me he had stopped...he said he "didn't want to spoil it for me." riiiiight..... :) meanwhile I was suffering along. I'm glad you tried it. It was good for me to learn how to cook carrots well though...that was one positive aspect. Anyway, I hope you are doing well! ~Emily